Building better businesses and communities
Michigan State University shares its vast knowledge resources and capabilities and collaborates with individuals, organizations, and entrepreneurs to build sustainable businesses and communities. By connecting them with the right resources, educational opportunities, and funding, MSU helps spur economic growth and development in every county in Michigan.
- Business-CONNECT engages with regional economic development organizations to connect regional business and economic development efforts to MSU
- Product Center helps Michigan entrepreneurs develop and commercialize high-value, consumer products and businesses in the agriculture, natural resources, and bioeconomy sectors
- University Outreach and Engagement meets community-defined needs, including economic development, by fostering university-community partnerships
- MSU Extension helps grow the state’s economy by equipping Michigan residents with information they need to do their jobs better, raise healthy families, build their communities, and empower children for a successful future
- Center for Community and Economic Development promotes sustainable prosperity in communities by creating, applying, and disseminating knowledge through responsive engagement, strategic partnerships, and collaborate learning
- University Center for Regional Economic Innovation communicates regionally innovative economic development ideas, tools, policies, and practices in Michigan.
- Community Evaluation and Research Collaborative provides training in evaluation and community-based participatory research
- Land Policy Institute provides resources to policy makers at local, state, and federal levels that help improve quality of life, strengthen the economy, and protect the environment
- Entrepreneurship Network connects venture and social entrepreneurs with educational opportunities, resources, mentors, and funding